Groceries! Blessings from our Father

I am so excited to write this post today because an amazing blessing happened to our family last night and I give all credit to our loving Father. Words cannot describe what this means to our family and it was truly an act of pure love, love which overflowed from our Father Himself, working through others.

My family and I have had to watch our budget very closely as my husband is the only source of income currently, I mentioned this in the previous post. We were able to stretch our groceries for 5 whole weeks. I will talk more about cooking ahead and grocery budgeting if any of you are interested if it will help, just let me know!

At the end of our 5 weeks our fridge was bare, I saw we had some milk left and a tupperware of mashed sweet potatoes. My husband got paid on Friday and we were so excited to go grocery shopping again for the month and that was the plan this weekend.

My husband called me after getting off of work last night and said "Guess what?", I anxiously asked "What??" as I started running through the possible good news scenarios it could be. He said two friends (who shall me left anonymous) of ours decided to go grocery shopping for us, that we have a whole trunk full of groceries, FOR US. "Are you serious?" I exclaimed with my jaw half way down my face. I was in shock and awe, neither of us had ever witnessed something like this before.

He went on to saying the Lord will always provide, He showers us with blessings we don't ever deserve. He is so merciful and so giving all the time and we should always trust in Him. I was in tears at that point. I was just so touched by the blessings He has given our family.

Here are the pictures of the groceries and the inventory just to show you all the magnitude of this.. lol. I'm still in shock!! So overwhelming!



  • 2 boxes of cereal (not included in pictures as I forgot I put them away)
  • 2 loaves of bread
  • A whole cake! (It was someone's birthday at work and decided to give us the rest of the cake :) )
  • 3 packages of beef sirloin tips
  • Nutella snacks
  • Hot dogs
  • Fruit which included: Kiwi, apples, oranges, bananas, avocados, tomatoes
  • Veggies: Lettuce, onions, garlic, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, celery
  • 2 whole chickens
  • Cookie dough
  • Eggs
  • 4 packages of rice
  • 2 silk milks
  • 2 packages of fish
  • 1 package of chicken legs
  • Ground turkey
  • A sack of potatoes
  • Cran-apple juice
  • 2 Apple juice (Do you know how long it's been since we had juice in our fridge? We have been living off of water lol!) 
Oh boy what a blessing. I love my God :)



Comments

Popular Posts