Daily Bread - Are you in your word daily?

I must confess... I don't like reading. I was never a big reader when I was growing up, instead I liked pictures and videos! It kept me more engaged in the content whenever there is illustration or a photograph to show me what I am reading about. So you guessed it, reading the bible was a challenge for me especially reading the bible daily.

I struggled and struggled with this for a long time since I came back to the Lord and I still do to this day. Whenever we read together as a family, it was hard for me to understand a lot of what is written in the bible and I always wondered why wasn't God speaking to me or revealing things so I may understand it. I prayed and I asked Him to give me the push to read, to convict me everyday, to give me the desire for His word and asked Him to help me understand what everything meant and how I could apply some of the topics we read about.

I can't count how many times I asked my husband why I'm missing it, what is the significance of reading the bible when it doesn't make any sense or it doesn't apply to my life. My husband kept reminding me of how important it is to pick up your bible daily and read it. Just read it. Pick a starting point and read, even if you don't feel like it.When you keep reading the Lord will speak to you and soon you will be able to make sense of it all, you're not going to get it right away.

So I tried. Now I'm not sure if this has happened to you but when you choose a book you want to start in and you read it, but not one word makes sense to you. It makes sense in a form of language but it didn't truly make sense in your heart, it didn't mean anything to you. This happened to me and still does!

Recently I decided to start from the beginning in the book of Genesis. I started to read a chapter or two at a time, taking it very slowly. I started a few days ago actually and I'm starting to get it! I remember reading these chapters but revisiting the chapters are reminding me of the beginning. 

I encourage all of us to keep in the word daily. I wanted to write about this topic because I know it's a hard struggle for many of us but God calls us all to follow and read His word everyday. He wants to communicate and fellowship with us through His word and reveal things to us to help us in our walk.

I wanted to conclude with a little "commercial" my husband had written to give me encouragement as well! I hope you all enjoy it and just keep at it, don't give up because it's hard or you don't feel like it. Kill your flesh and eat your daily bread!


"We know a place where feeling fatigued, depressed, sick of life, tired of the ups and downs, emptiness inside, feeling unwanted, hurt, sad, defeated, pressured, stressed out, left out and bummed out have given way to sleepless nights. You may be Scripturally Malnourished and Daily Bread can help you!

When taking Daily Bread abnormal behaviors may be fuzzy feelings, tongues, visions, and miraculous miracles. Side effects will be salvation, boldness, courage, happiness, new outlook on life, strength, wisdom, knowledge, meekness, love, gentleness, longsuffering, a new heart. Do NOT ask your primary care provider if Daily Bread is ok for you to take. JUST TAKE IT!" - The husband.

Comments

  1. Christianity was founded in Palestine in 33 BCE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Write your thoughts!

Popular Posts